The Dangers About Your Personal Care Products That May Shock You Or Harm You
- I would like to ask you these shocking questions:
- Could the underarm deodorant you're using be linked to Alzheimer's disease and breast cancer?
- It could if it has aluminum in it. Check the the back of the label.
- Could the mouthwash you use be linked to oral/throat cancer?
- It could if it has alcohol in it. Again, check the back of the label.
- Could you be using engine degreaser or garage floor cleaner to wash your hair and brush your teeth?
- Could you be rubbing antifreeze and/or break fluid all over you and your children without even knowing it? If you think that people are aware of these statistics, they are not, and that can be terribly dangerous!
What You Don't Know Can Hurt You
Take a look at the ingredients on the back of those lotions, moisturizers, hair conditioners, wrinkle creams, or baby wipes. Just about everybody has at least one of these five products in their homes. If you check the back of the label of those products just mentioned, most likely you will find an ingredient called Propylene Glycol. Did you know that you can find this same ingredient in the back of a container of prestone antifreeze. That ingredient has been proven to cause kidney and liver damage once it's absorbed into the bloodstream.
Next, take a look in the back of a label of a bottle of shampoo, or a tube of toothpaste. Most likely, you will find something called Sodium Lauryl or Laureth Sulfate (SLS or SLES) which are found in engine degreasers and garage floor cleaners. Once these lethal ingredients are absorbed into the bloodstream, studies have shown that they can cause abnormal development of children eyes, cataracts, and even hair loss! That's something I never knew and really surprised me!
This Information Was Not Meant To Scare You, But To Inform You
This information wasn't given to you to scare you, but to help you make a wise decision about your health and your families as well when it comes to personal care products. Scientists say that long term exposure to ingredients such as Sodium Lauryl or Laureth Sulfate (SLS or SLES) could start to build up on your liver, kidneys, and many other vital organs and tissues, which could eventually lead to cancer. The government knew that these ingredients were being added to these personal care products and didn't do anything about it. That was definitely shocking to me!