Must Read Tips For Booking Your Travels Online
Booking & shopping online has proven to revolutionize the travel industry. There are many pros to utilizing online booking sites to plan your trip. Bottom line is, it saves you time and money, both important factors when planning your trip.
Before you go booking your trip online, read our tips on doing so to ensure you find the best deals and are protected in the process-
1. Shop around:
This has been our motto from the start. We are finding that prices change all the time, so it is important to look around for the best travel deal.
Besides searching our site, we have provided our favorite sites (with reviews) for finding the best deals.
Don't get paralysis on analysis though. We recommend you pick a price (be reasonable though) and search until you find it- once you find it- take it!!
2. The more flexible you are the better:
Hey, I know when you travel with kids or a group of people, being flexible isn't an option.
If you can be flexible, it will help, that's all. Things like flying on certain days (like Saturday or mid-week), or specific times (10pm-6am for example) could be a benefit.
3. Join Frequent Flyer Programs:
This is a travel tip. You don't have to fly every other month to benefit from these programs. If you use credit cards, you might as well get something back.
Heck, we pay them enough in charges that you deserve something in return. Just pick your favorite airline(s) and sign up for an airline mile card!
Sign up for e-zines.
You can set up a free email account if you don't want these piling up in your in-box. Many of them have an opt-out section that allows you to quit receiving emails once you are done.
They usually provide up-to-date alerts on what deals are out there. Also, you might want to look into a few information products about traveling on a budget or getting great deals!!
There are experts out there who have been there and done that and know how to take advantage of great opportunities.
5. Know all the terms and conditions:
This is a very important cheap deal travel reminder.
For example, you will want to know if your quotes are locked in immediately or how long you have til you must decide, what their refund policy is, cancellation policy, if their site is safe when you enter your information (if you see a golden key or padlock at the bottom in the toolbar, then you will be fine), changes you might need to make, and so forth. You don't want to get trapped into something that you can't get out of.
6. Get Coupons:
Getting your hands on coupons can save you tons of money off various travel necessities. You can find valuable money savers with coupon books.
Other cheap deal travel tips to consider...
7. Check a few sites & once you find your price, go bid at an auction site like Priceline, at a lower price.
8. Book all in one. Sometimes if you book your airfare, car, & hotel or a combo of the three, you can get a better cheap deal. Don't be afraid to ask!!
9. For flights, you can also do things like get bumped/stay over, fly out of another airport in your region (consider gas & driving and if that's worth it), & consider 1-2 or more connections (no-stop flights can be expensive).
Bonus tips when shopping online in general-
- Do online shopping with companies you know. We provide some places that give you a good start. You can also compare offline or with major retail chain's websites.
- Keep your passwords private and choose them wisely.
- Keep good records. This protects you if something arises.
- Read the legal terms. These policies let you know what they do with any information you provide.
- Get their contact information. Try it out if need be. Make sure you know how to get a hold of someone.
- Make sure before you purchase, you read their return/refund policies.
- Review all descriptions of products, shipping & handling terms, and any other pertinent information you want to know. This should all be outlined for you.