Remedy to Snoring Within the Four Corners of Your Home
Snoring is known to be a condition where you breathe through your open mouth and your nose when you sleep and afterwards producing a disturbing noise from the vibration of your soft palate.
Since snoring occurs whenever you are asleep and sleep is commonly done within the comfort of your home, then expect that there are ways to fight against snoring even if you are home.
Snoring is not a deadly disease wherein you have to take expensive medications, regular check-up with a physician or perhaps countless hospital visits. Within the four corners of your home, you can do something with a family member who snores.
Trouble-free remedy for snoring is to establish a good sleeping habit. Studies show that sleeping on your back increases the chances for you to heavily snore. Hence it is suggested that you sleep on your side. By doing so, you allow your soft palate and your tongue to descend thus causing constriction to your air passage. If you are uncomfortable sleeping on your side, you can also try sleeping on your stomach. Let someone observe your sleeping patterns and let him monitor which side you sleep well and snore less.
Another sleeping habit you must bear in mind is the height of your pillow. Sleeping without a pillow or on a flat bed worsens snoring, for this reason; experts recommend that people who snore should sleep on a thick pillow. Additionally, it is also good if the head of your bed is lifted up. Make sure though that you lift the head of your bed within four to six inches only. Improper use of pillow and head bed elevation aggravates snoring.
If the above-mentioned measures where undertaken and still you have not successfully resolved your snoring dilemma whenever you are home, then try other options which you can practice at home such as the following:
- Breathing steam. Mucus clogs the air passage but once you breathe in steam your mucus will loosen up and unblock your air passageway.
- Let honey be available in your home. A number of studies have shown that honey relieves snoring by making the air passageway clear. What you can do is mix honey on your favorite tea. You can also dip your favorite fruit on the honey.
- Nasal strips – with the use of this product you are relieving nasal congestion. Take note that you can easily breathe if your nostrils are kept wide open.
- Throat sprays – this kind of snoring remedy will aid you since the spray material covers the soft tissues of your throat. By doing so, the air you breathe can easily move around your air passageway and reduce the bothersome noise snoring produces.
- Anti-snoring pills – due to its plant enzyme and herb ingredients anti-snoring pills are believed to hinder the throat and nose tissue from engorgement which makes way for an unblocked and efficient air passageway.
Nasal strips, throat sprays and anti-snoring pills can be most helpful to alleviate your snoring problems. However, it is best to consult your physician before you even purchase it and store it inside your medicine box.
It is not always a must to run to a doctor or rush into a hospital when you have available cure inside your home. You can at least try and make the sufferer endure temporary relief.